Design & Technology
Design and Technology (D&T) is the inspiring, rigorous and practical subject which prepares all young people to live and work in the designed and made world. Students study a broad range of disciplines and develop a wide variety of skills.
The staffing for session 2017/2018 is:
- Miss C. McFarlane (PT)
- Miss R. Steele
- Miss C. Paton (NQT)
The department are also supported by technician; Mrs Innes.
- National 4 / National 5 / H Graphic Communication
- National 4 / National 5 / H Design and Manufacture
- National 4 / National 5 / Practical Woodwork
We also offer a Boatbuilding course which can lead to accreditation in:
- Personal Development Award: Self in the Communications
- Personal Development Award: Practical Abilities
- CREST Silver Award (2017 onwards)
The Department is currently developing the Music with Technology as an elective short course with a view to offering the National 5 Music with Technology from session 2018-2019 onwards.
The department is an annexe to the main school and comprises the following rooms:
- 3 large Graphic Communication rooms
- 2 Woodwork workshops
- 1 Multi-Purpose Workshop
- 1 Boat Building Workshop
- Dual purpose workshop open area